Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!




This is the view out our front door this afternoon. How I love the first snow of the season! Time to put on some Christmas music and sit by the fireplace with a hot cup of coffee.



This is my favorite flavored coffee that is only available during the holiday season, so I make sure to stock my pantry with plenty to last through Christmas. Mmmm, mmm, good!


I just finished the Paciorek Christmas stockings in the bright colors Julie requested and here they are.




The pattern for these Scandinavian socks came from a 1979 issue of McCall's Needlework and Crafts magazine. I subscribed to that magazine for 10 years and the socks are the only thing I ever made from one of their patterns. To date, I have knit over 30 socks for various family and friends and can almost make them without reading the pattern which is yellowed with age.



Happy 1st Anniversary tomorrow, Julie and Jeremy!!!

Stork Report:    No deliveries as of 4:30 PM on Saturday, Nov. 13.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I would love to be sitting with you drinking some lovely coffee today! ;0)

    No snow here -- but I did break out a little Christmas music in the car today! I LOVE the X-Mas socks ... I would like to put in a request for Baby Zothman (that can wait until we know boy/girl) ... but Gunner would really like one too ... that can wait until next year if your list to knit is long!!! ;0)

    Stork Report: No baby as of 7:52 pm Saturday night! Oooh, I'll have to take some pictures -- but I think I have the PUPP rash ... a mild case, but I think I do...does that mean boy? I won't tell Dave just yet! Ha!

    Enjoy your coffee! Love yous guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all getting anxious for you. I bet Dave is finding it hard to be at work. Waiting by the phone..... :@

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man...I don't know how you can wait for that. I am not good at waiting. Waiting makes me have to go to the bathroom. ;) Maybe that works out well for you. Hahaha.

    THANKS for the Christmas stockings!!!! SOOO excited to hang them!!! So cute! :) I was just thinking about them....and wondering if you were making them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WARNING: Do not hang these stockings over your fireplace until you have a FIRESCREEN! Pier 1 has the solution. :@

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the stockings-- i look forward to hanging mine every year :) ill have you know I was the envy of all my friends because of that giant thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, we actually bought one at Pier One, but decided we don't like it. Didn't really serve the purpose and was quite ugly. ;) We are gonna try Home Depot now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous Vickie!! I kept scrolling down to see if there was a pic of Bill modelling them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...