Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Five Little Monkeys

*One year ago today I published this post and I'm still in the same situation.  But not for long.

There comes a time in life when one must explore alternative pathways. Working 40 hours per week is seriously cutting into my creative time, so I thought I would present to you one of my "work-from-home" ideas.

   Virtual books for children!!!!  ( Please scroll down to my Playlist and choose 5 Little Monkeys.)





Five Little Monkeys

Five little monkeys jumping on the bed,

one fell off and bumped his head.

Mama called the doctor, and the doctor said...

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!

Four little monkeys jumping on the bed,

one fell off and bumped his head.

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said....

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!

Three little monkeys jumping on the bed,

one fell off and bumped his head.

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said....

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!!

Two little monkeys jumping on the bed,

one fell off and bumped his head.

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said...


No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!!!

One little monkey jumping on the bed,

she fell off and bumped her head.

Mama called the doctor and the doctor said...

No more monkeys jumping on the bed!!!!!




So you be the judge, shall I quit my day job?



Nope.




I just bought this magazine today and look what #6 of the top 10 finds is for 2012!
Thanks for visiting!
Vickie

17 comments:

  1. how did you get them to stay standing up?!
    I'm loving the worried mother calling on the phone. A new calling I do believe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was wondering-how are they standing? Maybe they are alive! Creative Vic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOM!!! Finley LOVED this. Okay, I'm lying. She's sleeping (in her crib of all places)...and I LOVE IT!

    Make sure you save all of these pictures. I want to make a Shutterfly Photo Book out of this! Seriously!!! Don't delete any...the next time we're together...we're making this into a book!

    I think we're (eer, you're) looking at I'd say, millions!!!! I tell ya, etsy.com!!!

    Yup...the good old Book + Cassette Tape combo! ;0)

    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I got in touch with my inner child. A very short trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!!! Quit your day job, that was AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha. ;) That was HILARIOUS, mom. Had to call to tell you that, though.

    Jeremy thought I had lost my mind, since I was laughing so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know.... that's dammm cute! I'm gonna read it to my grand son when he comes on Wednesday. He's gonna love it.....I smiled through the whole thing!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too precious! What a novel way to tell a story.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't tell you how many people I've told about your sock monkeys. Such a Fun! Fun! way to share the story!
    Keep collecting... ":o)
    Blessings!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a great post, vickie--and yes, quite that job:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's so cute. I had that same thought - how did she get them to look like they are jumping up. I guess you just wait for them to jump and then snap the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sock monkeys. I did a post today on Jacques the sock monkey and my friend Bliss told me to check out your blog. I LOVE my sock monkey and yours too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We LOVE this!! Awesome photos and love all the different injuries (very authentic bandaging BTW). I love the bit of the 30's quilt in there too. I'm anxiously awaiting the sequel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL- Nurse Sandy sent me and I love this post. I think you should do this full time! Loved every word of it and the photos are so good. The monkeys are priceless. Loved them all in bed.
    I have a sock monkey thing going on here, but no vintage ones. Love these little guys.
    Glad I stopped by, but I really need to check out what else those little ones have done here.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...