Pages

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Mad Hatter

I'm having so much fun knitting up these funky little baby hats!  Now that I'm working more, this is a creative outlet ( mental therapy ) from which I get instant gratification since each hat only takes a few hours from start to finish.  Knitting is also a very portable hobby for car trips, coffee/lunch breaks at work, or whilst watching the many "Housewives" episodes.

I've knit up a few samples, but wanted to size them on a baby head before I got too carried away.  Bill refused to wear these particular hats to the golf course.
I was in luck since Finley ( and Mama ) spent the weekend with us, so little Finley was subjected given the opportunity to ham it up for the camera.

The red and white striped number was actually knit for a newborn, so I think my gauge is correct.

I think I'll call this one "Dr. Seuss".



In the picture on the left she is practicing her new found skill of sticking her tongue out.  Somebody out of range of the camera is prompting her by sticking his tongue out at her.  On the right, she is ready to get the too-tight newborn hat off her head.


Next up is our little mademoiselle in oo la la "Raspberry Beret".



Looking ahead to Halloween, this may be the topper to a gnome costume.  Some little elf shoes....

My Momma gets to eat the candy.


"Blueberry Pie"


The patterns for these hats, and many more, came from this fantastic book I purchased at Michael's.

Photo courtesy of Amanda Keeys.

It was written by a child photographer from England who taught herself to knit and created these hats to use as props in her photo shoots.  As you can see by the cover, her photography is as charming as the hat patterns she dreamed up for us.


After fulfilling all of her social engagements and modeling assignments, Finley and her Mama got to spend some time outside enjoying the sunshine while trying out the new swing.

Weeeeee!

What's this funny green stuff?

Sweetness.

All packed up and ready to go home.


In closing, I hope all the mothers, mothers-to-be, grammies, and daughters had a wonderful Mother's Day!

A sweet surprise delivered to me at work by my sweet daughters.

xxoo, mom

3 comments:

  1. Oohhhh! How sweet. :0) Finley has a good head for hat modeling! And wow! Really blue eyes! Wonder if they'll stay blue!

    You should definitely go into business!

    Glad you liked the flowers. :) Happy Mother's Day again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same to you! Lvu. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your cute images via a Google search for "baby gnome". I LOVE the red gnome hat! Do you feel like making one for a stranger for payment?? I would love for my 6-month old to have one for Halloween! Feel free to ignore me if that's too weird. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...