Pages

Friday, February 10, 2012

I think I can, I think I can........


Have you ever gone to an auction, estate sale, or antique shop and found an item you really wanted, but it just wouldn't fit in your car?  Did you buy it anyway and tie the trunk shut?  Or let part of it hang out a window and cross your fingers that you wouldn't get pulled over on your way home?  Or maybe call in a favor from a truck-driving friend?

Come on, fess up!  I know you have! 

Well, it happened to me last weekend.  My daughter Julie and I drove to the monthly sale at Second Hand Rose in Buffalo, MN and there it was.  It ranks high on my list of things to find and the price was right.  BUT, we measured (twice) and although it was close, we didn't think it would fit in Jeremy's SUV.  DARN!!!  I may have tried to force it into my vehicle, but I didn't want to mar his pristine interior.  You're welcome, Jeremy. 

Of course it haunted me all weekend.  I could just picture it in our house.  So, I called to see if it was sold.  Not only was it still there, the price was reduced!  What's a girl to do?!  I bought it.



There was just one stipulation.  We had to pick it up within the week.  It's a four-plus hour drive TO Buffalo and then home again, home again, jiggedy jig.



I won't reveal what it is just yet (in case it doesn't make it home in one piece), but it's in one of the photos below.  And this is just a sample of the treasures that were there to tempt us!  ( Photos below courtesy of Buffalo Rose blog.)



Some lovely bling.


It's got my name on it!  And only $200 plus change.


Check out those mounted doll arms on the wall.  Who needs antlers?!


Shabbylicious!


Big ticket items and small trinkets, too.


This was from the December sale.  How did I miss that drum table?!


Now, where could I put that wheel?


It's hard to make it past the outdoor display without picking up a few items!


By noon tomorrow, I surely hope our cargo is safely strapped to the top of our Matrix.  The owner has kindly offered to meet us at the store AND help us hoist that baby up!  Oh, ya, we'll be heading down the interstate Beverly Hillbilly style......


To be continued........

Linked to:
The Farmhouse Porch Cowgirl Up




18 comments:

  1. can't wait to see what you found! we've done the beverly hillbillies a time or two:) have a safe trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm, well my daughter and I shut down Second Hand Rose on Sunday afternoon, and that pin ball game was still there.......... did you?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm...... ;) Wonder what it could be???

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mantel? You got the mantel. Has to be unless you got the big buffet I see a corner of. I was eyeing all the pictures trying to figure what was too big to get in an SUV but fits on top of a car!

    I can't stand the suspense.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! Now go get it and be careful! Can't wait to see what it is! hugs, LInda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your little illustrations. So cute. What did you buy? Guess we shall wait. Thanks so much for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vickie,
    your photos are adorable! I think we've all been there at some point or another! Can't wait to see what you got! Don't make us suffer any longer then necessary! We want to know!!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the EASIEST guess in the world!!! It is SOOOOOO the vintage RANGER pinball machine!!! It's amazing and I would drive the 8 hours too.!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, one you're teasing us, you're not going to show us what you got!? :) I would love to find a place like that to piddle through.
    Thank you for popping in and glad you liked my little Scottie and hearts. So much fun making them. Thank you for pinning it too. I'm in love with Pinterest! :)
    Hope you'll pop back in to see me sometimes.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking forward to see what you found.Yes I have done that exact thing.With the exception of doing it on my own.I bought a big piece I could hardly get it in my car.I then had to hold it while I was driving.Then I had to get it out myself and then put it in the house.Honestly the things I do.I am sure my neighbors were looking at me like I was crazy.I do this because I don't always want my husband in on my crazy shopping splurges.Sometimes if something just appears and he is not involved in the process.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm guessing the pinball machine! But since there's something great in every photo, I'm just not sure. Good luck with your Clampett move!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great place to shop ~ can't wait to see your new treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a trailer, so I can pick up most anything...but I once had to leave a FREE 1940's complete telephone operator set up, because no one could lift or move it. I knew I'd never get it anywhere...
    Can't wait to see your find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My guess is the RANGER pin ball machine!!! I mean it has your name on it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your images! been there, done that soooo many times! can't wait to see what you bought!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now you really have my curiosity. Can't wait to find out what you scored!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. my hubby won't let me strap anything to the roof of our car, so if I buy something that won't fit, we call a friend with a truck who moves it for us. We pay him of course. Thanks for linking to cowgirl up and hope you come back again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the box tied on the roof of the Chevette! hee hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make it all worthwhile. Thanks for visiting today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...